University of Kentucky Libraries offers students academic services across campus. Students may use any library branch location no matter what their college or major. Using their Wildcard student ID and LinkBlue account, students can check out books, games and equipment; access millions of online resources, including databases, digitized primary sources, and a variety of streaming media; use technology like bookeye scanners, 3D printers, and cricut machines; and do research in the library or anywhere their mobile devices may take them. Knowledgeable staff members are ready to help students find information in person or via email, chat, or phone. For more information, visit: http://libraries.uky.edu/index.php.
UK Libraries employs several hundred students each year in a variety of different jobs. No experience is required for most positions, and schedules are flexible. UK Libraries also offers four paid undergraduate internships annually that provide professional development opportunities in a number of academic fields. For more information, visit: www.uky.edu/HR/studentjobs/.
Here are a few services offered at William T. Young Library, as well as many of the branch libraries across campus:
- Late study hours (Young Library is open overnight five days a week).
- Librarians and search tools to find information for papers and projects.
- Study rooms and group study areas.
- Videos, games and equipment to check out or use in the library.
- Help from the Writing Center and Presentation U (basement of Young Library).
- Access newspapers and periodicals from across the state, nation, and world.
- Work on video and interactive projects in the Media Depot.
- Use computer labs including PCs and Apple computers.
- Starbucks is at Young Library, for all your coffee needs.
- Check out a laptop for use in the library.